Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cardboard Milk and Billy Mays

As I age (not that I do at all, I actually stopped at 23), I have this quirk that gets more and more pronounced. I am a SUCKER for anything infomercial. Well, not anything... maybe. When I can't sleep during the night, I turn on the TV and watch infomercials. They are the most conducive to sleep because they don't have laugh tracks and the sound in general is pretty even. But every once in awhile I get hooked. Back in my 23ish days I was a shopaholic something FIERCE, I have come a long way. Pretty sure Mr. Larsen would not have married me if I hadn't. Anyway, so in my sleep deprived state at three o'clock in the morning Billy Mays is hypnotic. He says I need a topsy turvy tomato hanger, done. Those cool purses that have the changeable magnetic outsides, done. Mighty Puddy, done. The Mendit, done. Slice-it, chop-it, whatever-it, done. I have decided that it might be best to not sleep with my wallet and phone next to my bed. I mean I wake up in the morning and know tha I for sure don't need it, but Billy uses his conniving ways in the middle of the night. I almost feel like I am cheating on Mr. L with Billy
In totally depressing news, the Doctor thinks Mack might be allergic to cow milk. Wrong. Sick. Twisted. Turn. Of. Events. Crapper, this is only day four without me eating or drinking anything with cow's milk, and this is agony. I know I can do it, I am a firm believer in breast is best (so is Mr. Larsen, but for different reasons) but this does kinda stink. So I am trying to adapt to soy milk (i.e. cardboard milk- same color, same taste.) Wish me luck and if anyone has any good dairy free tips, recipes, whatever, let me know!

3 comments:

Dasha said...

Please tell me that you have seen the infomercial for the Magic Bullet. That thing is pure genius.

Amanda said...

I so do not envy the no milk thing. Silvester has sinus problems and the next step is removing dairy. Fortunately, it's not a problem with my diet, but I am so not looking forward to withholding cheese, milk and yogurt, because if he can't have it, I can't exactly eat it in front of him. Good luck, and I have no tips. Ask Erika. Brayden is lactose intolerant.

Matt and Joni said...

Many babies grow out of their cow milk issues, maybe Mack will as well. For now, go with the chocolate silk, much better than regular soy milk.