Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's Go Time

Okay so for those of you that gag easily or don't like reading human gross stuff.... please do not read!
So this was the funny story at the Larsen's this week. I am not sure if it really is that funny or if we have cabin fever waiting for RSV season to pass.
Those of you who know me well, or really know me at all, know that I have a hyper gag reflex, and gross things just gross me out. (Basically any bodily function). Last week I was sitting on the couch holding Mack, realizing once again how beautiful he is when I noticed a little booger (We call them boogs, so from here on out, it is boogs) hanging out of the nose. I tool a deep breath and realized this was "go time". It was time to be a Mom. Bite the Bullet and join the Mommyhood. I could handle this, besides I fully know that things are going to get a lot more disgusting. So I attempted to pick. Multiple gags later and the boog waiting to be picked up after I launched it off of my finger, I called Eric in to pick it up. He looked at me VERY oddly and picked it up. Later that night he tells me that he has never met anyone like me. This was not the "you are so great and wonderful and I have never met anyone like you", but a more disturbed version. I asked why and here was his reply, "I have never met anyone like you. You can't even pick your OWN nose and clean it up!". He thought it was mine and actually cleaned it up! This my friends is what love is.

3 comments:

tara said...

okay. I'm not sure which is more disturbing. The fact that Eric thinks you would pick and fling your OWN boogies across the room, or that little tiny Mack has adult size boogs!?!
hmmm.

i can't wait to see little M:)

Dan n Ash said...

hahaha that is hilarious! I'm not sure Dan would clean up my boogers unless I was completely helpless. Oh and my dear let me tell you about toddlers and colds... when they sneeze and they've got a stuffy nose, half their brain comes out! So get ready my friend.

Janie said...

You totally crack me up! That must have been one heck of a boog!Anywho, I hope all is well! Thanks for the chuckle.