Sunday, February 1, 2009

Garlic Burgers and Rock Band

I decided it might not hurt if I (this is Eric) actually jumped on here and jotted something down. Periodically Annie reminds me that it is "our" blog and I'm more than welcome to contribute. So I decided to let you all in on a little secret. Garlic burgers and a guy who burps a bit too often can make for a bad combination. Allow me to elaborate:

We went out to dinner Saturday night with Annie's aunt and uncle to a place called Salt Lake Pizza and Pasta - having been there all of one time now I can say that it's excellent. Incidentally it was the first time Mack has been out to dinner with us and he was great. Not much for conversation, didn't show much interest in anything on the menu, and he seemed a bit comatose at times; but all-in-all we were glad he came along. Anywho, I had the Garlic Burger with Monteray (sp?) Jack cheese and 'shrooms. WOW. Possibly the best burger I've ever had. Although I've heard good stuff about the burgers at the Cotton Bottom, but that's another story for another time (Chris and Annie, if you're reading this I hope you're once again in tears with laughter at the thought of me and my wife trying that place out).

The side note is it was also also quite possibly the worst breathe I've ever had. And apparently it wasn't appreciated when I grabbed a soda later that night to help stay awake - something about carbination and the worry about me burping up a storm and spreading garlicly joy to the entire neighborhood. Ah well. We also played some mean rounds of Rock Band. I'm hooked. Did I mention I scored 100% a couple of times? That's right. If my career in International Tax doesn't work out I can always fall back on video game kareoke contests.

Long story short, I absolutely love my wife and son, and work is pretty fun too. We're doing well and I hope the same can be said of you (who reads this thing anyway?).

Save a tree, eat a beaver
-Eric

3 comments:

Brianna and Wade said...

Dear Eric- Thank you for your blog entry. I also would like it if wade contributed more. This was a lovely story.. I could smell the garlic streaming through my computer. Thank you for sharing talk to you soon!

Christie said...

HA HA HA!!! Eric, I am so glad you are my brother. You are hysterical. I love reading your blog because both you and Annie are so creative in how you word things. I am boring and not creative by any stretch of the imagination. People probably fall asleep reading my blog.

I think one of my favorites was the very last line - save a tree, eat a beaver. I love you.

Jenny said...

You should totally talk Brad into posting something - I tell him the same thing that it is our blog and have invited him to contribute but nothing yet. Love the garlic burger story - I wish I owned rock band it IS REALLY fun but i think we would waste way to much time if we had it.