Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blog-Humbug!

I haven't been into blogging at all lately. Number one reason, I detest thinking of post titles and then trying to connect all of my random thoughts to it. I am seriously debating doing away with post titles. Take today, I don't have anything overly important to say, and my thoughts are most certainly not connected, but can I really do a 67th post title with "random" in it? Anywho here they are:
1. Totally bummed I missed the Jet Blue sale where tickets from SLC to JFK went for $10 each way, yup you heard me. It would have been oh so great to go with Momma J, I sure do love that women.
2. Teething stinks. I hate it, not as much as the Mr. though I am sure. The poor thing looks like he is getting four teeth really close together. Cheers to sleepless nights folks.
3. Speaking of nights, the other night I woke up to a HORRIBLE smell. I was pretty sure it was Big E's breath that was blowing in my face. I kinda gagged and then rolled over. The stench was still surrounding me. It wasn't too long before I realized that the smell was coming from my own mouth. Sometimes Farsen is disgusting.
4. Why don't they make sitcoms like they used to? Really, where are the Frasier's, Cheers and Golden Girls? I had a serious dilemma today when Frasier and the Golden Girls were on at the same time.
5. I miss my Sorority officer group. Kristina, Melissa, Amie, Mindi, Gretel, Bethany and Maureen you guys rocked and were such a blessing in my life. Really, I had never needed solid friends so badly when you all entered my life. Thank you a million times over. For the giggles, the fun and the richness that you added to my life. I miss you all! I think that when we finally find a home, I am going to throw us a reunion party!
6. Hate the gym and I still hate sweating. I have been going pretty consistently since January, thinking it would get better, but alas, still hate it.
7. I love 24 this season, but Jack and Renea need to hook up already.
8. Cooking today? Well, I have totally slacked off with Tasty Tuesday so here is a recipe, once again super yummy! This one comes from my Grandma Jo, and it is seriously the best fudge ever!

Microwave Fudge
½ c butter
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow cream
2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 (5 oz) or 2/3 c evaporated milk
1 (12 oz) chocolate chips
1 c chopped nuts

Place butter in large bowl and heat on full power for 1 minute or until melted. Blend in sugar and evaporated milk, mix well. Cook on level 8 for 8-10 minutes, or until soft ball stage is reached stir mixture frequently during cooking time. Blend in chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, vanilla and nuts. Stir until smooth, chill until firm. Cut into 1 inch squares, store in airtight container.

5 comments:

Mindi said...

Oh totally know what you mean on all accounts.

It is so funny I was thinking about Tau the other day specifically when you called me as Rush. I didn't want to do it, but I can honestly say it changed me (for the good). Thank you for having the faith in me that I could do. And ditto on the friendships. I miss the happy room talks! Oh and I hate teething too!

snickers said...

I loved this post! I do random thoughts all the time...that's what I love. You are great and funny!
Megan

A & M Ras said...

Be careful with the line "best fudge ever" You are a Larsen now and they like to claim that title. I do have to say Grandma Larsen does make a mean fudge as I am sure your grandma does.:)

Brianna and Wade said...

Dear friend... I miss ya! I am SO excited you posted your g-ma's fudge recipe. I love that stuff.

Julia said...

oh, annie. you make me laugh.WHAT?!? $10 to JFK? extremely upset i missed that as well. thpppt.

--and who says you have to title your posts? i rarely do.

xo,
j-ulia