Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm back!

Wow, it has been awhile and I must say it is good to be back! Eric and I went on our trip to Orlando and it was fabulous, fraught with adventure. (Is fraught a word? It is now?) Our first two days were spent mainly in the airport hotel. I do have to admit it was a fun airport though, good restaurants, shopping and people watching.) I relaxed, slept in, and finished two books. I went out to go to the pool but Orlando was having an unusually cold month. The high the whole time we were there was only about forty five, so my vision of me reading and lounging by the pool sipping fruity drinks was quickly headed out the window.
After Big E's conference was over, we headed to DISNEYWORLD! Amazing, seriously that place is huge. Our first night we strolled around Downtown Disney and had dinner at Earl of Sandwich. Eric and I looked into opening an Earl franchise, it is that good! The next morning we got up and went to the Magic Kingdom right in time for opening. We did the "Give a Day, Get a Day" service program and it was awesome. Really if you are planning any type of Disney trip Do it. It saved us $160. We went crazy and hit all of the good rides. I was sorely disappointed that the Magic Kingdom doesn't have Indianna Jones. By eleven o'clock we had hit all of the rides about three times, so we upgraded our ticket to a parkhopper. We went to Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Epcot as well. We went all day and only sat down for one 10 minute break. We stayed until the park closed at one o'clock in the morning and headed back to the hotel for a "nap". An hour and a half later we were up on our way to the airport. I flew standby and the early morning flight was my best bet at getting home. (This was the week that snowstorms slammed the East Coast and all of the airports were closed.) Well I got to L.A. and then I was stranded. Flight after flight I never got on. By the time the last flight left I would either have to get a hotel for two nights (I wasn't allowed to fly on President's Day) or stay in the airport. After my hour of sleep I broke down and we bought a ticket home on another airline.
It was an adventure! We are so thankful for my Aunt who gave us the buddy pass (we saved a lot of money) and my Mom for watching the man. By the end of the trip I was missing him terribly! The pictures are of us and our Mickey Mouse pirate ears, and on Harleys at the Harley Davidson store.


2 comments:

Dasha said...

Welcome back! Looks like you guys had a good time, even with the cold weather and flight delays. I'm jealous. And the pic of you two in the hats is adorable.

Allison and Josh said...

Looks like fun! Someday I will go to Disneyworld! Oh and one of my friends just blogged about how nasty some of the buildings and bathrooms at the U are, and it reminded me of when you wrote the Chrony to talk about how disgusting they were. haha!