Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Favorite Things, Segment 1

So I have decided to list a few of my favorite things, mostly because I love when other people do this and give me ideas. So here goes Segment One:

Cleaning Product: Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser. Amazing. Seriously this little rectangle will last forever and works on everything. I loved using it on my flat wall paint and moldings.
Frozen Yogurt Joint: This has been debatable for quite awhile, but I am ultimately going with the Yogurt Stop. Here is why: I like the feel of it, I love the little boy who doesn't balk at seeing me three times a week, and the Red Velvet flavor is to die for.
TV Shows I could watch over and over: Of course Glee is on the list, but I am forever grateful that my brother James made me watch Arrested Development. Love it. Hysterically funny. "There is always money in the banana stand!" Frasier, Cheers and MASH as well.
Vacuum: Dyson, you can't go wrong. I know it is expensive, but it is an investment. It is so satisfying to empty that canister out, and plus Big E. look super hot vacuuming with his shirt off.
Book: A Girl Named Zippy. If you read it and don't like it, don't tell me... I might cry.
Mascara: I am a MAC girl, born and raised. My Mom took me to the MAC counter when I first started wearing makeup to have a professional teach me how to put it on, (mostly so I wouldn't look like a hooker). BUT, MAC's mascara makes my eyes water. I love Covergirl's Lash Blast Volume.
Root Lifter: Gotta go with Paul Mitchel's Extra Body Daily Boost. I did use Big and Sexy's Root Pump, but it made my hair stiff. My hair is so thick and heavy that it is weighed down, Daily Boost is essential for me.
Best "Deal" website: I have gotten so many things for free or amazingly cheap from this website. Check it out: Freebies2Deals.com, I guarantee you will get hooked.
Diapers: No, not for me, for The Mr.. I really liked Pampers Swaddlers when he was a newborn. Not because it had a pee line that changed colors when he was wet, I could figure that out on my own. But I liked how soft they were. Now that The Mr. is chowing down real people food, we go for durability and blow out protection. Huggies all the way.

Okay, there you have it, segment one. Hopefully you got some ideas, and I totally think you should do this on your blog, all three of you!

4 comments:

Julia said...

thanks for the input!
i just might do this on my blog. it is in desperateneed of an update!

Allison and Josh said...

I LOVE the tips! I will have to try that root lifter next time! I have been a big sexy root lift gal for a while, but I think because I've used it for so long, it doesn't work for me anymore. And I use that same mascara! I love MAC makeup, but have never liked any of their mascaras. I also really like one by Maybelline. I think it's their volume express? It's in a fat, yelow tube!

Dasha said...

Annie we love all the same things! Yogurt Stop is far and away my favorite of the yogurt places (their mint oreo flavor is divine), Arrested Development is one of the greatest TV shows ever, and A Girl Named Zippy is amazing. I've been surprised at how many people don't like it, though. How could you not find it hysterically funny?

april said...

Annie, way fun idea... I am totally going to do it on my blog. I am so jealous you own a dyson, sigh...someday!