Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crazy Happenings!

Okay, I know I have NOT been the best blogger lately! Life has been hectic (I will post more on the main source of hecticness in just a minute). For this post I have decided to do more of my random rantings.
#1 Kamikaze Toby: Oh how I love the Beag! I love how excited he gets to do ANYTHING, really going outside, in the car, eating (well that especially), snuggling, frolicking in the snow and so on. So Eric and I were just get ready to go up to my parents house and every time we go we usually take Toby with us. So of course we tell him we are going and he freaks out, doing the tail wag, jumping all around, you know extreme dog happiness stuff. Well, he charges down the stairs and is waiting at the Pilot's bag end so he can jump in the back. I open the hatch and he is so excited that he doesn't wait. I kid you not, the dog leaped right into the tailgate.... hard. I was expecting to find a beagle head imprinted in the metal. This really didn't help me defend the dog's intelligence to Eric. Toby has recovered.
#2 Comatose Eric: Okay, if you ask Eric to tell you this story, it will definitely be different than my version. But I figure if he wants to be heard he can blog too! So we go to Prenatal Class, which is great and totally worth the money! Anyway, at the end of the class, the nurse goes over breathing for the last fifteen minutes or so. So we get in position, Eric sitting up with his back against the wall and me leaning against him, holding hands on my amazingly enormous tummy. This week she decides to have the men do the relaxing and breathing with the women so they will know what it feels like. Soothing music and a voice comes on and we are lulled into relaxation. The voice is telling us to relax every bone in our body from our toes all the way up to our necks. All of the sudden Eric goes limp... totally relaxed... hands fall to the floor.... neck goes slack and leans against my head.... breathing is incredibly deep. He will argue that there is no way he fell asleep, obviously I disagree. At least when Eric goes into labor he will be totally relaxed!!!
#3 Coke: Okay I have done such a great job laying off the coke since I got pregnant. This really has not been easy, oh the burn down the throat all the way into my tummy. But it makes me a little ill now and Mack gets way hyped up. So anyway, like I said I have been great at resisting. But for the love, there is one place where I have such a hard time resisting the Coca-Cola goodness. I was at Nordstrom at one of my favorite places the MAC counter. (No, I am not so disturbed and obsessed with my makeup that I would name my first born after it. Gimme a break people. Mack is a family name!) All of the sudden I spot it, the Nordstrom cafe see-through soda container, with a brown syrupy coke in it. These Nordstrom people are a genius. The fill the clear cups with the coke and from fifty feet away you can see the carbonation bubbles rising to the top! They even use the yummy small square ice, you coke drinkers know of the ice that I speak of. Oh how I wanted to run up the escalator and order one ASAP. You all should be impressed, I didn't break!!

No comments: