Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween and Yummy Nummy Goodness

So Eric and I LOVE dressing up for Halloween! This year Eric looked great as a vampire (no to all you ladies out there, he DID NOT get the inspiration from Twilight!!) Anyway, he looked great and whoever did his makeup and costume were amazing. Thanks Momma J! I went as a prego gypsy. I wore this outfit about four years ago with a little corset type thing and looked awesome!! Oh the waist that is now gone. I put on the costume without the corset and was the size of a barge (you know like Gaston). So anyway, we waddled to a few parties, special thanks to Pat and Annalisa, the party was great!!
I was reading on a Eric's cousin Marissa's blog about how she loves pumpkin, I am quite the pumpkin lover myself so I decided to put this amazing recipe up on the blog. Be careful though because the batter is the BEST I have ever had and every time I have made it I have eaten way too much and gotten ill.
Pumpkin Cream Trifle
1 (18.25 oz) spice cake mix
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
2 c cold milk
1 c pumpkin puree
2 (3.4 oz) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
½ c water
½ c vegetable oil
2 c whipped topping
3 eggs
1 package English toffee bits

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, combine the cake mix, vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin,
water, oil, eggs, and pie spice in mixing bowl and pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
Cook cake for 40-45 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature and cut cake into 1-inch
cubes. Whisk together the milk and the cheesecake pudding mix. Allow to set for two
minutes. Fold the whipped topping into the pudding mixture. Layer 1/3 of the cake cubes
into the bottom of a large bowl; top with 1/3 of the cream mixture and sprinkle 1/3 of the
bag of English toffee. Repeat layering until all ingredients are used. Refrigerate 1 hour
before serving. I have also used a can of sweetened condensed milk mixed with 1 cup of cold water and then added vanilla pudding mix, let it set and stir in into a small container of Cool Whip. AMAZING!
Mack is doing very well and moving all the time, most of the time into his mom's ribs or bladder. I got some limb in the bladder today as I was teaching Gospel Doctrine and almost had to make a beeline for the bathroom. We are getting so excited that he is so close, and we are amazed that we can love him so much already! The Nursery is still in transformation mode, but it is coming along nicely! Sorry I haven't been the best at blogging lately, I WILL be better!

2 comments:

A & M Ras said...

The more I read your blog the more I realize that we need to get together sometime. We have so much in common. Mint, pumpkin, our degrees and last but not least our beloved Utes. The lone red in a sea of blue and so proud of it:)

A & M Ras said...

I made this yummy pumpkin trifle for a family party this weekend. It was a hit!! Thanks for the recipe.