Thursday, November 20, 2008

Suprise Party Continued

Okay, I was supposed to post this blog two weeks ago, but since I am a little technologically challenged I couldn't figure out the stupid slide show thing. So this is a good as it gets, I couldn't figure out how to zoom out of the pictures either.... but on to the party!!
It was such a success! Thank you so much to everyone who came, we were overwhelmed with the amount of people that came, and we can't thank you enough! There were actually 47 of you in that house at one time.
I had been planning the party for weeks, and I was so proud of myself and my pregnant mind that I didn't let it slip! My mom (who is going to be my partner in our party planning business) and I started planning the party as a smaller affair, and of course it grew bigger and bigger with the more ideas that we came up with. Our theme was a Surprise Tailgating party, since I am the only thing Eric loves more than sports (actually I am sure Toby comes before sports too). My parents were so great to let me use their house, there was no way that all of you could fit into our condo! The tablecloth was made out of AstroTurf with tape and stenciled letters, thanks mom and dad. The football cake was supposed to resemble a trophy, both my mom and I really wanted to have an ice sculpture Heisman Trophy but we had to draw the line somewhere.
Thank you so much to everyone that helped me, I couldn't have done it without you! Thanks to Mama J, my partner in crime for EVERYTHING! Dad for cutting out those little stencil numbers and cleaning the house, Merisa for the yummy hot dog wraps that people inhaled, Suzy for the football sugar cookies, Bri for the legendary brownies, muddy buddies and chex mix, Grandma for the toffee and fudge, Annie Swan for the queso and Kennedy for helping us set up! I am sure I left someone out, but really thank you all so much for coming!
As for Big E, (aka: the Toxic Avenger, Man-o-Man, Babe, Baber, Lars, Little Larsen, Erk, E-licious) it was so great to do this for you! I wanted to do something extra special that you would enjoy because I feel incredibly lucky and blessed that I get to be with you! You take such good care of me, and you will be the best Dad to Mack. I appreciate so many things about you. But I don't want our blog readers to puke because of the cheesiness factor. I love you and you are the BEST! I hope your Birthday was everything that you wanted it to be!

No comments: