Saturday, November 14, 2009

Things That Make You Go Hmm..

Good week this week, actually great week this week much better than the last one. Afterall it was Big E's Birthday Week! I love Birthdays and this year was a great one. I had been trying to think of great gifts to get him about three months ago, when I came up with the idea of really good Jazz tickets and Braza Grill. Two weeks before Birthday Week, he calls and asks if we have plans on the 9th because his work was taking him to the Jazz game and a Brazilian resturaunt. Hmm.. that idea was blotched. Plan B, fly out to Disneyland for the day, spend ten or so hours there and come home. Nope airline tickets and times didn't work out. Plan C, Monday Night Football game in Denver. Nope see Plan B reasons for falling through. So by the time I reached Plan M, I was getting a little discouraged. But the day was GREAT.
He came home from work and we left to go to "dinner" but really checked into a Bed and Breakfast, Castle Creek Inn. (Here is a plug for the Inn. I have been to a many of B&B's and I am always somewhat leery. I don't want overly hokey my-bed-is-a-gondola/covered wagon. I also don't want bright lights screaming that this is the place to well, do it, if you know what I mean.) Castle Creek was AMAZING, clean and NO, we didn't hear anyone else.)
We checked in and left for dinner and I possibly had one of the best burgers ever, Red Robin's Bonzai burger. Yummy. We went back to the B&B and watched Glee. LOVED IT. Holy smokes, Sue is human and actually made me a little weepy. HMMM... Loved this episode, the only thing I did not love was "Defying Gravity" , the youtube version was much better. The next morning we woke up, had breakfast and went for a couples massage. My body is still delightfully gelationous. I really just love Big E, he is great, everything that I could have ever dreamed. What an amazing husband and daddy.
So I have had a really hard time getting Mack to take me seriously when I am trying to tell him "no" or "danger". The man knows he is adorable and smiles and then giggles. NO MATTER WHAT I DO. Really I doesn't matter how emphatic I am, how stern, or how loud. I did notice that he does respond to Toby when he yelps at him... so I tried it, works like a gem. So if you hear me yelping in church, just disregard me!

4 comments:

Ryan and Staci said...

OH that sounds like so much fun! I totally watched Glee and got teary eyed too. You better start making your plans now for the next birthday....a Broncos game would be AWESOME!!!

Diana said...

Sounds like a wonderful plan for a birthday. I've been inspired and I think I know what I will be doing for MY birthday this year.

Kristen said...

Milo doesn't take me seriously either until she knows I'm actually worried or mad. Sounds like a fun day!

Mrs. Schultz said...

That is SOOOO funny. Steve and I have stayed at Castle Creek 4 times so far and have booked a night near Valentines day. Also, my husband and I LOVE Red Robin and I always get the Bonsai Burger, my favorite! Now I really want one.