Sunday, September 21, 2008

Guardsman's Pass and Acme

So last Monday Eric and I decided that we needed to take advantage of fall and go on a "Fall Drive". One of our favorite things to do together is to go on road trips, mini ones and not so mini ones. Don't ask me how this came to fruition, especially with my tendency to get motion sickness. But alas, we are drivers. So this is a picture of our drive up to Guardsman's Pass (the dirt road link between Big Cottonwood Canyon and Parley's Canyon), it was spectacular! We decided to drive through Midway and Heber instead of heading home through Park City. I think that this was for sure the best idea because the breathtaking scenery was after the PC exit.
In other news, we had a bunch of friends from the ward over last night to play games and do the chillin' thing. It was so much fun and thanks to all of you that came! We are trying to get to know other couples and it has been a lot of fun. Anyway, this was such a fun dynamic group and we can't wait to do it again. Special thanks and props go out to the hubby who cleaned all day in prep for said chillin' event. I attempted to help, but Eric really transformed into Mr. Clean (except that Eric has more hair)!
So the other night we are laying in bed and I stomp out of the bathroom frustrated at what pregnancy has done to my face. I am a loyal customer of Proactive, but really it hasn't been working through the pregnancy (see earlier posts about my "mountain range"). So anyway, I get into bed huffing and puffing waiting for Eric to ask me what is wrong. Wisely he picks up on this and asks. This is how our conversation went:
Eric: What's wrong Babe?
Me: (huffs and puffs) My face is breaking out AGAIN!
Eric: Oh stop I can't see anything.
Me: This....this huge cluster of zits! (Moving my bangs to display the cluster)
Eric: Oh honey, that is nothing! It doesn't even look like "Acme".
Then it occurred to me. Eric has had such perfect skin his whole life, so he doesn't even know that it is acne, not acme! I hope Mack gets his papa's skin!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post!! Love to read about your road trip, have also taken notes from it.

Christie said...

Ha ha ha...that cracks me up about Eric's comment. I love it. Acme. I know you probably hate us for this, but lucky enough for us, the Larsen's all have pretty good skin. A HUGE blessing, I know.