Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I am a FF Fanatic!

I don't know what happened to me over the weekend, something has been rewired in my brain. So on Sunday morning I get this frantic call from the Hubby in Houston asking me to look at his fantasy football lineup for the games that day. I locate the lineup only to find out that our (see I am even saying "our" instead of "his team") wide receiver is injured and is probably not going to be playing. I also look to see that we are playing another team who is favored to beat us, I must act quickly! I have never been into the whole fantasy geek football thing before so it took me a long time to figure it out, and my deadline was fast approaching. At exactly three minutes before the lineup was closed for trading out the teams bench I finally figured it out! I was a proud peacock, knowing how grateful Eric would be.
But then during church, my mind started wandering.... How is the team? How are our players? Has anyone been injured? Was it wise to take Braylon Edwards off the bench? I then looked at our opponent this week silently sitting in church and started to wonder if he was obsessed as I was. Then I was hoping that he would lose badly.
So I came home and checked and our team was looking okay. It was 86 to 89 and we had one more player to play Monday night..... Braylon Edwards our bench warmer. Oh no, would my trade work? Where was Eric when I needed the reassurance that our team was okay? Sure enough, our team ROCKED! 112-89 baby! Braylon was amazing and now might be my favorite player! I called to tell Eric the good news and we celebrated via cell phone. I am the BEST assistant manager/coach ever and I am completely perplexed as to why I care so much!

2 comments:

Brad said...

Annie - I am so proud of you... Welcome to the FF club. It is sad and twisted game we play, but I love it. Maybe it is because the only thing better than winning in FF is talk trash and backing it up. You are a true LARSEN!

Go Cougars.. Can I say that on your blog. Oh yeah I am LARSEN too!

A & M Ras said...

Annie that is too funny. Andy has me picking college games on ESPN and I still am not into it. I do love the March Madness brackets.
As for Braylon Edwards we love him at our house. We were even considering that for one of our boy's names. So I say he is always a good pick.