Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tylenol Toby.... I Swear He Has Hidden Thumbs


So I have decided that I have waited long enough to blog about The T-dog. I just didn't want to appear like the obsessive people who live for their pets (even though sometimes I am one of them). But no, don't worry I don't wear T-shirts with the Tob's picture on it and I don't do the whole baby talk thing to him either, he is way too intelligent for such talk!

So, T-Dizzle has had a very stressful week. Today I left for a doctor's appointment to come home to find a Ziploc bag full of Tylenol (that I keep in my CLOSED nightstand drawer) on the floor in the front room. The bag had been chewed open and Tylenol was scattered everywhere. So I called the vet, and of course they recognized me as the owner of the dog that will eat anything. (Some of the things on T's wrap sheet include: a bottle of Tums that, were also in a closed drawer, snail bait, Benedryl that had the child cap on and pure vegetable oil. The beag has iron gut.) Well, Toby was really excited until we pulled up to the Vet's office where he promptly put on the brakes. I walked in and they greeted me with, "There is Tylenol Toby". So they take him back to make him throw up the Tylenol and I sit down to wait in the waiting room. Some busy body in the waiting room then asks how in the world my dog got an unspecified number of Tylenol. I felt like a neglectful mother. Needless to say, the Beagle Boy is recovering fine, a little stoned because of the medication and a little clingy because of the trauma but I don't blame him. I called to report to Eric and we decided that if we can't keep our dog out of trouble, maybe we aren't quite ready for Mack. But I am sure we will do fine!

1 comment:

Dan n Ash said...

HA! That is hilarious Annie! Aren't dogs just the most fun ever?? I'm glad he's okay... hopefully you learned your lesson before Mack gets here! Maybe if you 'dog proof' everything you won't have to worry about child proofing anything!