Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Great Catch Up

1. So yesterday was a great day! All of the women on my mom's side of the family got together to celebrate my Grandma's Birthday. I LOVE my Grandma! Really there are just so many great things about her, and she always makes me laugh and smile. We had not been together for a long time and it was so fun to see everyone and laugh! I come from great women. For dessert I made the BEST soft sugar cookies and promised that I would post the recipe. I wish that I could take the credit, but my sister-in-law Suzy shared the recipe with me. So ladies here it is:
Soft Sugar Cookies
* In Small bowl mix together:
1 c sour cream 1 tsp baking soda
set aside

Mix dry ingredients:
5 c flour 3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt 1 ½ c sugar

Make a hole in dry ingredients and add:
1 c softened butter 3 eggs
Sour cream mixture 3 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon or almond extract

Chill if needed. Roll and Cut. Bake at 375 for 4-6 minutes. Frost with icing of choice
As far as the icing goes, I just kinda made it up with 4 oz of cream cheese, 1/3 cup butter, milk and powdered sugar.
2. I survived! I am SO glad Eric is home! He was in Houston for six days and man did I miss him! Thankfully, no one broke into my house in the middle of the night and I made in through the week alive. Since I am such a wimp, Momma J and I had a slumber party the whole week. Thanks Mom! Having Eric gone just reminded me how much I love him and how lucky I am to have him. I am so thankful that we are best friends and that we love being together so much! Thank you so much to those of you that called, kept me company, had me to dinner and made sure I was not too lonely!
3. After my massive post about DWTS, a lot of people have been asking me what I think so far. Here it goes. I can't get hooked for some reason, I watch it but I don't get excited. I really think Brooke adopted her baby, there is no way her stomach can look that good! I really like Warren Sapp, how his three hundred pound body is so light on his feet is beyond me. Cheryl still needs a new haircut. I am sick of Lance and Lacey pushing the envelope, enough with the chains on your costumes. Cloris is entertaining, but it is way time to go.
4. Presidential Elections: So I watched the debate this week, I am not impressed with either one. I am still up in the air about who will be my final choice. I have decided however that I think it should be mandatory that the nominee announce their cabinet choices before the elections. Who are they going to surround themselves with? You know who I would vote for..... that's right Tom Selleck!
5. Baby Mack is doing very well. He is quite the mover and shaker. Now when he kicks we can see my tummy move with him. I was amazed at this and so was Eric. He then asked me if I remembered that scene in Ailens and Spaceballs. I really missed Eric!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That sugar cookie recipe sounds great. I will have to try it. I need your e-mail address so I can send you this spoof pic that combines DWTS with politics. It made me laugh. My e-mail is on my blog profile. I know how you feel about your BF being gone. I hate when Brad is gone for any period of time. I think the longest we have been away from eachother in 7 yrs is like 8 days or so. I hope that stays the longest. Glad Eric is back ;)

Matt and Joni said...

Glad to see my brother hasn't lost his romantic touch. He can still look at his wife's pregnant belly and think about "Alien"
Isn't it great being married to a Larsen!