Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was good to the Larsen's this year. Really it was a great weekend and we had SO much fun! We were really bummed that we missed the Larsen Thanksgiving, but due to Mack being so close and some complications we were told to stay in Salt Lake. Since we missed that, we sent up a butter sculptured turkey and a poem up with Christie. By the way, to the Larsen siblings: I have been shocked about how much my brain function has gone down during pregnancy! I know that Mack will be number six, not five!!
We went to my family's house for Thanksgiving, which was so nice because we all had not been together for Thanksgiving for a few years. Eric and I were in charge of pies, so after much deliberation we decided to make an apple, pumpkin and chocolate pie. After I was told to stay off my feet more and chill out, Eric had to do a lot on the pies. But alas they were AMAZING! It was a lot of fun to have all seventeen of us at the same table chatting and eating away. The heartburn was pretty brutal that night, but dinner was SO good! It was a day full of relaxing and eating.
On Friday, we decided to go wild and put up all of our Christmas stuff. The house looks so great! I love that Eric loves Christmas as much as I do. Since I am kind limited on what I can do I assigned Eric to the garland above the sliding glass door. The first thing he had to do was loop ribbon in it, followed by hanging the ornaments on and from the garland. I totally thought that he would do it, I would live with it all weekend and then when he went to work on Monday I would "fix it". Holy smokes! I can't even tell you how impressed I was with the hubby! Amazing eye for detail, the garland looks amazing! I was shocked and to be honest a little turned on!
Saturday we went down to Temple Square to see the lights with friends and came back to have chocolate fondue and watch Christmas Vacation. Eric and I both had a VERY disturbing revelation while watching the movie. We are turning into Clark and Ellen Griswold. I even call Eric Sparky. This came to light at the very beginning of the movie when they are going to cut down the tree and are singing together with the kids in the back rolling their eyes, we are in trouble!
All in all it was a great weekend, way too much for Mack and his momma, but I am doing a lot better at taking it easy! Doctor's appointment is tomorrow so we will see how things are going.
And of course, we have so much to be thankful for! These posts are always a little cheesy to me, but I feel like we have been incredibly blessed this year! I am thankful of course to Eric, what a wonderful man! I couldn't ask for a better spouse or a better friend! We are both thankful for Mack and can't wait for him to come, and I am especially thankful that after warnings from Doctors about the back, my body has done so well carrying him. We have so much to be grateful for!

1 comment:

Kirk & Jeannine said...

I think you should post the poem you wrote to go with the butter turkey! It was GREAT!