Tuesday, February 3, 2009

February.... Already?

Oh wow, today is one of those days. It is two o'clock and here I sit in my bathrobe with a house to be cleaned, laundry to be folded and dinner to be made. I just can't get the umph to get going. However, I am showered with the hair and makeup done. Poor Eric will come home to Mack and I in our jammies and Chicken Voila for dinner.
Where did January go, and why am I such a blogging slacker? So here it goes, a mini summary of January.
Mack is doing extremely well. He is darling and so good! We feel incredibly lucky to have him. He is eating well and gaining weight. His little cheeks are getting chubby. He has just discovered his voice. When he starts crying and then gets mad, his volume triples he scares himself silly.
I feel like a dairy cow. I milk a lot and he isn't the fastest eater, he is improving though. Other than nursing all of the time, I feel great!
Eric and I celebrated our two week anniversary on January 27. It was fantastic, we dropped Mack of at my parents and went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (I know, not the most romantic, but fun and yummy). We then rented a movie (P.S. I Love You) and watched it in bed. It was fun to be out together and it was fun to pick up Mack and Toby at Grandma and Grandpas!
In GREAT, EXCITING, and WONDERFUL news, my sister-in-law Suzy is pregnant! It was a shocker to all of us, and oh so exciting! With Joni (Larsen sis-in-law) having Jake almost exactly a year before Mack, and Lisa (Larsen sis-in-law) due in May, and then Suzy, Mack will have so many cousins his age to play with!
I cut my hair. I know what you are thinking, she caved into the mom-low-maintenance thing. This is NOT true, truthfully and honestly I looked frumpy... really frumpy. It was a ponytail everyday. I needed a change. So I cut five inches off, and got an A-line. I like it a lot. It is easier, especially because it doesn't take a stinkin' half an hour to blow dry! I also decided to go to the MAC counter, get some new colors and shape my eyebrows. My wardrobe is still limited, both Mack and I are between sizes.
With the start of January, comes some of my favorite entertainment. One of them being a stupid reality show on Mondays that I am ashamed to even admit that I watch. Last week I was watching and actually caught myself rolling my eyes. But I can't stop. I am hooked and pathetic. To make matters worse, I missed last night so after I post this dear blog, I will sit here in my robe and watch it online. Once again hooked and pathetic!

2 comments:

Anna-Lisa said...

Can't wait to see you, your hair, and Mack!

Anonymous said...

I love that you're "between sizes." I remember those days well. I still feel like it sometimes because I'm a different "shape" now. And I am in my PJs right now, and I don't even have a newborn.
As for the haircut. It was the first thing I did when I started getting out after Silvester was born, and there is nothing low-maintenance mom thing about short hair. It's sassy.