Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Birthday Boy!

Sorry I have been slacking, Birthday Weekend Extravaganza was a blast! A blast that left me tired and exhausted. Every night when it came time to blog about my thankfulness, it was all I could do to take out my contacts and collapse into bed, watching reruns of House.
So thankful for Big E! I love making a big deal out of Birthdays, I really feel like the Birthday person should feel loved and special. We had a great time together and so much fun.
Eric is one of the kindest people I know, how I got so lucky I am not sure. Just one example to illustrate the kindness: When we got married, we bought a top of the line pillow top mattress. Big E loves our bed, like as much as I like my Cricut. He came into marriage with an amazing pillow that had traveled to college with him. I came into marriage as a very needy sleeper. I had to have a fan blowing air onto me, and it had to be loud enough to drown out any noises in the house. Eric preferred silence. But of course, he acted fine with the fan thing, even though it dried his sinuses like the Sahara Desert. With the crap back, I couldn't sleep in our lovely bed anymore, so sure enough Big E flips the mattress to the awkward hard side and is fine with buying a memory foam topper. That favorite pillow of his? Yup, now mine. He is amazing and so much fun! I love him with all of my heart, and I am so glad we found each other. As tumultuous and dramatic as dating was, marriage is awesome and couldn't be better! To Big E, I love you and thank you for all of your sacrifices for me and our growing family!

No comments: