Sunday, March 27, 2011

Katelyn Kennedy Larsen

She is here, well she has been here for awhile now but I am just getting my blogging groove on. She is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. She was born March 15 and weighed in at a whopping 5 lbs 8 oz and I think that 2 oz of that is hair.
The delivery went really well, much less uneventful than the Man's. Eric got to take in the camera to the C-section and I am so tempted to post some appropriate surgery pics, but I don't want to gross anyone out. The only thing that was hard for me was the lights are reflective and I could see all of me. Not attractive, couldn't they cover me up a little sooner instead of waiting for every Dr, resident and student to come. Needless to say, my eyes were closed the whole time. I couldn't watch myself be sliced open. Katelyn did very well, it was so good to have time with her in the recovery room. I am so grateful for great Dr.'s and Nurses, I couldn't be happier about the delivery, except being exposed for so long.
The hospital stay was uneventful and Mack did so well when he met her. He loves her so much and loves to help and stroke her hair. Big E is quite the proud papa. There is something so special about the bond of a daddy and a daughter.
Unfortunately, being so small she didn't pass the car seat test. Bummer, she travels in a car bed instead. This means that until she can keep her oxygen levels up while slouched, she cannot be in a normal car seat, bouncy chair of swing. Our little Kate lives in a laundry basket or someones arms. Here are the promised pics, among them you will see: Big E scrubbing in for surgery, me looking stunning in the shower cap headed to surgery, Katelyn weighing in, Katelyn sporting the Aunt Jemima look after her hospital bath, The ride home with the car bed, me enjoying the post surgery morphine with the breast pump, Mack and Katelyn, and Big E and I with Katelyn.








11 comments:

J,B and K said...

Congrats! You look so great too! She is a cutie!

Dasha said...

Congratulations Annie! She's adorable.

Bethany P said...

Love teh morphin and breast pump. Love ya. Congratulation bueatiful, she gets it from her mom.

Ryan and Staci said...

Annie, she is perfect! Congratulations!!!!!

april said...

She is so tiny and beautiful!! Congratulations!

Carrie said...

Congrats - she's beautiful!

Matt and Joanna said...

she is so darling! i'm glad that everything went well. she is so tiny, i had never even heard of a car 'bed'. you look fabulous! congratulations!

Diana said...

Congratulations! Brian and I couldn't be happier for you!

Gretel said...

Congratulations, your daughter is beautiful

Julia said...

5 lbs?!?!? good grief, she's tiny!! so exciting. congratulations, mama. also...love the name. :)

Christy said...

Congratulations!