Friday, January 1, 2010

December in Review

Whew! December was crazy busy! It just flew by, but was filled with great things! Unfortuanately some projects had to go to get other ones done, hence no Christmas Cards. Sorry peeps. Instead the monster three year project of the Blake Family Reciepe Book was finished! Hallelujah! I finally finished with probably two hundred or so tried and true yummy family recipes.

We also went driving around to look at lights, with the Mr. in a FORWARD facing carseat. (Can NOT believe he is so old!) We weren't able to celebrate his Birthday on his actual day of birth due to some family stuff. But in two days comes the big "Finding Nemo" party! The poor guy did pick up croup for his Birthday, that was pretty awful and I felt so sorry for him. At least I was prepared that he was going to get it though.

Christmas was sensational! How fun it was to celebrate it with Eric and the Mr.. It could not have been better. The Mr. got a TON of toys, his favorite being Sillytown. A few days before Christmas, I decided to take everything that I had gotten for Eric back and get him a wii.... I know I totally caved. He loves it though and I might mention that I pretty much kick trash while playing the guitar on Rockband 2. Big E gave me a Cricut! Yeah!! Holy smokes, that was really exciting, now I am just not sure what to do with! We got to spend time with both families, which is one of the things I love most about Christmas. Eric's sister Christie's wedding was on December 26th so we also spent time up in Idaho.

As for New Years resolutions, the ones that I am serious about, I keep to myself. Ya know, don't want to jinx them. But there are a few that I can share.
1. Wash our sheets more. Don't think us disgusting... I mean we do wash them, just not as much as we should.
2. Stay in touch with people better. I really need to improve in this area. Do I dare venture into Facebook. I guess I should blog more too.
3. Having more fun with the Mr. during the day and not worrying so much about keeping a clean house.
4. Language. Need to improve. Have to stop using some of my favorite phrases. Afterall Mack is going to speak something other than whale one day.

Anyway, Best wishes and Happy New Year!
By the way, if you read the blog and don't see your name on my blog list, please leave me a comment and link to yours!

2 comments:

tara said...

hey cute annie! it was a bummer to not see you over christmas. poo.

glad you caved and got the wii. it's just too much fun for families. you'll love it too:)

When you get a minute let me know how to secure my cookbook, and how much I owe you!

happy new year larsen family!

oh, and yes. facebook needs you.

Diana said...

Sounds like a fabulous December! Mack is already one?! I can't believe it, where has the time gone?