Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Well, Tasty Tuesday made it to week 2. This recipe sounds really gross, but it is oh so good. I kinda have an aversion to hamburger, there is nothing worse then the smell of cooking hamburger (actually there area a lot of things that are worse... but I digress). So even WITH the smell, this is an amazing reciepe. Try it out.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Meatballs:
2/3 c milk
Flour or breadcrumbs
2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp salt, pepper
1 egg
½ onion

Sweet and Sour Sauce:
13 oz canned pineapple chunks
¼ c white vinegar
2 TB cornstarch
2 TB soy sauce
¼ c brown sugar
1 green pepper

Combine all meatball ingredients and separate into 1 inch balls. Cook on 350 until brown throughout the middle.
Separate Pineapple chunks from juice, add enough water to the pineapple juice to make 1 cup of liquid, add all other ingredients stir until not lumpy and then heat over the stove. Pour sauce over meat adding green pepper and pineapple. Serve over rice.

In other happenings, it was our anniversary yesterday. Three years, and what a great three years it has been. I got Eric a wedding ring (better late then never right?) and he gave me a beautiful bouqet of white roses, and COUNTRY ROCK BAND! Love it, love it, love it! In complete cheesiness, Eric is such a great hubby and an amazing Dad. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. What fun we have together. How glad I am that I asked him to ask me out on a date five years ago!


4 comments:

april said...

Happy Anniversary! Cute pics of you guys! You are right, you don't post enough of you/you guys, good news years resolution. Thanks for the yummy recipe:)

bRiTtAnY said...

I'm so happy Tasty Tuesday made it another week! I love new recipes!!

Brianna and Wade said...

So cute! We miss you guys lots. I can;t believe that you are only up the street and we NEVER see you. The little man is getting so big and cute. Happy late anniversary.

Allison and Josh said...

Happy Anniversary, Annie!! I will never forget showing up to the Rush fireside soon after you and Eric started dating and you showing me your neck! hahaha!