Monday, February 1, 2010

Yuck!


I don't know why, but lately I have been bombarded with the simple fact that I am aging. I don't know if I actually have issues with aging, or more the idea that I am running out of time with people. Does that make sense? And okay, in all honesty I DO hate the wrinkle that is now permanent between my eyebrows. Mostly for the fact that if I forget to pluck my unibrow, my wrinkle highlights it and I look like Sam the Eagle off of The Muppets. I have been telling people that I am 23, for about three years now, why? Not sure. I liked 23, but I like now too. I love that I have Big E and The Mr. now. It's all very complicated.
However this hit me last night. Big E and I were watching an old Warren Miller movie, I remember back in the 23 days I thought these people were exciting and I took cues from them to be more daring... and maybe stupid. I wanted to become the skier that did amazing jumps while looking totally stylish while doing so. (Forget the fact that I have never skied). I was watching last night and the only thoughts that came to my mind were these: What complete idiots, just asking for back and joint injuries.
The aging thing hasn't been helped with the realization that if I wear orthopedic inserts in my New Balances, I am a new woman. This combined with the second realization that if I ever lost Farsen, pretty sure I would lose it. I also saw on one of my old young women's Facebook that she was a fan of the group, "At your age I knew Shia Labeouf from Even Stevens NOT Transformers". What in the crap is Even Stevens?
Well, I am tired while writing this post. I am not even sure if it made sense. But maybe it has brought me some comfort, and maybe tomorrow I will actually wake up a 24year old. Maybe.

4 comments:

Erin:) said...

love it!. im with you on the even stevens,...though...it does sound like it COULD be familiar:) i have to laugh at the age thing seeing as i have to make SERIOUS efforts to remember how old i am. i think its becaue 26 totally sucked, and a lot of 25 did as well, so...i tried to block those out and its just ruined my quick reponse to 'how old are you?' heavens i say 'quick' when really....does it take THAT long to respond! ahhh. i oh i love you dear:)

Dasha said...

So pretty sure I constantly forget how old I am . The other day I told someone that I was 24 when they asked how old I was and Mike was all "um...you're still 23." Weird.

Julia said...

oh, annie. you're not that old. i understand the trauma of it all, however. here's the true test of age... did your crush on johnny depp start when he was on 21 jump street? mine did.

(if you don't have a crush on johnny depp then please disregard the above comment)

Johny and Sarah said...

Annie, you are too funny! Even Stevens was a funny show on Disney. And really, think about it.....you have so much life to live, really you do! But I too have to pause and think about how old I actually am. I think that birthday's don't hold the same meaning now and so I've forgotten how many I have had!