Saturday, August 9, 2008

Two Causes of Concern

Pregnancy has been different for me. I am doing things that I never before have done. First things first, I am looking for ANY reason to head on south down to Utah County, nay even Provo. WHAT? Provo has never been my place, I am a Ute through and through. But there is this draw.....I have an ENORMOUS craving that I can only satisfy at the stupid University Mall. (Which as far as malls go, I have to admit it rocks!) Eric and I went down to the GAP Maternity store (only one in Utah, at least they know where all the breeding is) and my super sensitive smeller picked up the most delightful smell. Chocolate truffles. For those of you who know me well I am a salt girl, I can eat chocolate but unlike Eric I don't need it to survive. So moving on, it was then that we discovered the Kara Chocolate store. Holy smokes! Mint truffles unlike any I have ever laid my lips on. This is fine chocolate we are talking about folks. Not the waxy hard kind but the delightfully smooth and creamy type. In fact I close my eyes to shut off that sense so I can focus more on the yumminess floating down into my tummy. So after that episode I have managed to make it to Provo A LOT. The reasons just keep coming: baby furniture, car shopping, really anything that I can think of. I must have my truffles! Which leads me to my next "issue".

Is it possible that this new fixation and need for truffles has caused the most noteworthy and massive breakout on my face? Oh my goodness, so the other day I walk into the bathroom and lo and behold I have a pimple the size of the Lone Star state on my chin! Immediately I run to Eric carefully watching where his eyes roam. Amazingly he did not notice. But my theory is that he did notice before I went into the bathroom because for the life of him, the kid would not break eye contact. Anyway, I am exasperated! Many of you know that I am a complete fan of Proactive. In fact if given the opportunity I would be advertising with Jessica Simpson and Puff Daddy (or P. Diddy, Sean Puffy Combs, whatever his name is!). Where is my proactive now? Is it the truffles that are causing me to look like I have a third eye on my chin? Bless my hubby for listening to me complain about it and then sleeping next to a mud faced me for nights in a row!

2 comments:

jess (mumbo designs) said...

Provo? What a craving - you are so funny! I can't wait to hear about more pregnancy adventures, make sure you post them.

Christie said...

I love how you write. I can totally hear you telling this story. I have to agree, that is a really weird craving. Who would have thought?