Thursday, August 14, 2008

Updates

Eric is a sweetie! I read his post (by the way, I didn't have to force him to write one AND he was the one who kept bugging me to blog) and I just laughed. He will be such a great Dad. I have seen him with so many babies and kids and I have no doubt that he will be the best Dad. But he was right about one thing: We will have the cutest little baby boy in the world!
Car Update: I am still hating life without Honnie, I don't think that it would be so bad if I had a replacement car.... but to no avail. In the middle of the "perfect CRV" search we had a realization: We could get a Honda Pilot for about the same amount of money with LESS mileage. Bless my amazingly brilliant husband/accountant for figuring out that per year, the gas would not be that much more then the CRV. So alas, we started a new search. AHH!!! More car salesmen, more test drives, and more time out in the scalding heat. We think that we maybe have found the one, but who knows. So, if there are any Pilot owners out there, let me know what you think. Both of us really like them. I however feel like I am driving a massive tank, I mean really, going from a Honda Civic Coupe to a 8-passenger seating Pilot? It does drive so well and it is pretty darn cute though. I do look in the back seat and see six empty spaces and I can't fathom EVER filling them up (Other parts of my body can't fathom it right now either)! So I put down the very back seat and saw a huge space for Toby and a little baby boy in a carseat. (This was a much easier visual for me then six screaming Larsens on a road trip to Wally World.)
Truffle Update: I think that I have a grasp on the whole truffle craving, I haven't been to Provo in over a week and I ran out a few days ago. I think I might have found a pseudo-replacement. If I mix the original Mike and Ike's with plain chocolate M&M's, I am satisfied. Don't get me wrong though, not nearly as satisfied as the truffles. The MMM (M&M, Mike & Ike mix) keeps my taste buds at bay for a little while, one truffle could satisfy me for a day.
My Face Update: I think the big whopper has subsided..... maybe. But man they keep coming, I have enough peaks to be a mountain range. I still have a little hope though, proactive is a three step cleanser and I have been out of step #3 for a week. Bad news only using two steps when there are really three. So I have been anxiously awaiting the mailman's knock at my door with my trusty proactive in hand. He came today. I think that I may have had another prego moment. I greeted him with a hearty hello and scores of thanks. I closed the door and then got all teary because I was so thankful he came. Yeah, that had to be a prego moment.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Ha ha ha...I just love that you cried after he left. At least you waited until he left to start crying! How on earth did you come across the MMM combo? That is so random.

A & M Ras said...

I just found your blog through Lisa's and I am so glad. I will be checking it often.
I too HATE to venture down to the city down south. When we lived in Salt Lake you could buy the truffles at most grocery stores. I know the Dan's on Foothill Blvd had them way back when. Check it out and maybe save you a trip down to the city down south.