Thursday, August 28, 2008

Just a Few Random Things


1. Everyone needs a Grandpa Jones! My dad loves babies, and babies LOVE my dad. We were so excited to tell him that we were prego because we knew he would be so excited. It wasn't that long after we told him that the baby was a boy that we received the traditional Cabella's box. I knew what it was before I opened it and I must say, it is pretty dang cute! I don't think that we will dress the baby in all of the camo at once, I mean what if we can't find him (and I can't be too redneck) but really the shoes and the cargo pants are darling! Like I said, everyone needs a Grandpa Jones!

2. I love that through blogging we are getting in touch with people! A special thanks goes out to Marissa for giving me the "in" for the Kara truffles at the Foothill Dans! I plan to make an emergency run as soon as possible! I am still trying to find the time to figure out how to put music, the baby timer countdown, and links to other blogs, so if I don't have your blog address would you leave it for me in the comment thingy?

3. I love Eric's new job, and thankfully so does he! I especially love that busy season is no longer four months of complete isolation but is only five days during the year of twelve hour days. Let us all take a moment of silence for the blessing of private CPA stuff!

4. DO NOT ever cut your own bangs after taking lots of medication for some crappy sinus infection/cough crap! I usually tolerate drugs pretty well, especially after the whole back surgery thing. But for some reason this concoction of who knows what in the prescription cough syrup makes me really loopy. I for sure should have not picked up the scissors that day! I am willing them to grow back FAST!

5. Speaking of hair, I have discovered something quite disturbing. I have a patch of white hair. Not like really blond hair but like old man hair, wiry and everything. I can't figure it out. So I have toyed with the idea of going back to dyeing it, but my hair grows so friggin' fast, the money really adds up. So I am wondering if I should just embrace my elderlyness.

6. I love Dancing with the Stars. Huge fan. But I am a little disappointed this season, I had heard rumors that my man Tom Selleck was going to be on it. The contestants were unveiled on Monday and no Tom. I was so excited, I mean I love Tom Selleck. There is nothing like the Magnum P.I. reruns and those cute short shorts. Quigley Down Under was one of my favorite movies. The man just has the look. But alas, no Tom on Dancing. Speaking of reality TV, were Eric and I the only ones surprised about Craig being the Mole this season?

7. The face has cleared up. Thank Heavens I no longer look like a mountain range! I think the sun and no makeup for Flaming Gorge really helped and I am mucho grateful!

3 comments:

april said...

Hi there Larsens!! I ran on to your blog and was excited to find you guys!! I am so happy for you two! Having a baby is so magical, that sounds so corny, but that is how I felt. What a huge blessing! We miss the old ward. Our new ward is so crazy!!! There are 5 nurseries!! Sacrament is soooo loud!! So Kaitlyn blends right in ;)

A & M Ras said...

Want to talk about random? I just noticed on your blog the link for April's blog. What a small world. April and I use to work together up in good ol' CV. Crazy!!!

Dan n Ash said...

Annie I think you should embrace your new found 'elderliness'! Maybe you can style it so you look like Rogue on X-men or something.