Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Christmas What?

So yesterday was a roller coaster day for the Larsen fam. Once or twice a week I go into the hospital to have an ultrasound to measure the amniotic fluid around Mack and to monitor his heartbeat for about an hour or so. I can't even tell you how different the ultrasound looks from week seventeen! His little hand takes up the whole screen and I could see muscles and bones! Technology is amazing! I actually had a harder time seeing things on this ultrasound though. So, the fluid level looked okay, but his little heart beat was going SO fast, so that was a concern. I was fine until they said that I might have to go down to Labor and Delivery that day. That was a little scary for me, if he came now he would be okay, but if he wait even just one more week, then his development would be that much better. Thankfully his little heart chilled out and he calmed down.
So they let me go and sent me up to my doctor's office for a checkup. I was thinking that the roller coaster part of the day was over, but not really. I went back to meet with the Doctor, and I guess I have lost weight, which normally is a great thing that I celebrate but he was concerned about that one. (I don't know how this could happen. Really I made Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies the night before and ate my weight in dough.) So we talked about that for a minute and the weight of Mack (which is probably barely reaching five pounds) and then he checked to see if I was dialated. He was surprised and measured me at a 3. What? A 3? I was still so shocked about the 3 thing that I can't remember how effaced I am, but I remember him saying that I was "quite" effaced and that we might get a baby for Christmas and that it was doubtful that I would make it past December. So Mack and I are on limited bed rest, hoping to get one more week out of him. And plus, for his sake I don't want him to share his B-day with Christmas.
I am really glad I went in yesterday, Eric and I are now preparing ourselves for an early arrival and we won't be taken by surprise! We would really like him to stay in the oven til due date, but we just want him to be healthy. If you are bored, give me a call, daytime TV is the WORST!

4 comments:

Diana said...

Annie - I hope your "bun in the oven" stays in the oven a little bit longer. I hope that you are doing okay! Bedrest can't be fun! When Mr. Mack makes his debut don't forget to let us all know!

A & M Ras said...

Annie I will keep you all in our prayers. Just know that with Alex I was dilated to a two and 90% effaced for two weeks so we will pray that that is the way it goes for you. Good luck with everything!!

Dan n Ash said...

Yay I am SOOOO excited for you guys! Don't worry, I'll be checking up on you... we are excited to meet Mack!

Lisa said...

Remember your wedding? When I was put on "chair rest" The doctor had been worried for weeks telling me to take it easy and hang on until 35 weeks (which I hit at your wedding) Especially since it was my 3rd...the kid held on for 4 more stinkin' weeks! I hope Mack does the same I understand about the Christmas/Birthday thing. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Maybe I will call you later today! Love you!