Thursday, September 3, 2009

Randomness

The Larsen Fam has been going crazy! Life has been a little hectic and stressful. Last night and tonight we are painting my parents house. When we move in we are displacing my Dad's office up to my old bedroom. So as a part of moving we have to get their house ready for us. Painting, organizing, things in storage. Which we are happy to do, my goodness we are so grateful for their willingness to have us invade their home.
But oh my goodness I hate painting. HATE IT. I was under the impression that painting was fun, like in the movies. Painting with your spouse is supposed to be romantic, complete with playful and flirtatious paint fights. Not the case. In fact I was hideously wrong. I hate painting.
I have this weird eye infection thing, no idea what it is. But no, if you see me, I did not get socked in the eye. For some reason my bottom lid is pretty swollen. Could this be a result of my wearing two week contacts for eight weeks? Oh well, It looks like I am going all granola with no makeup and glasses for awhile.
However, in good news, I have made a few discoveries. Harmons has Quaker Oat Cereal on sale, 5 for 5. All you cereal lovers should know this is a steal. Run now to stock up on Quaker Oats, and say hello to Bob and Randy. Maceys also has General Mills Cereal for $1.88 a box. I hate going there though, but maybe the polygamous clan will be shopping there today.
I also made a pretty yummy dinner the other night, so here it is. Try it if you like pasta, but if you are like me, go VERY light on the alfredo sauce. My lower GI just doesn't tolerate rich food.

3 diced boneless skinless chicken breast
1 can of artichoke hearts cut up into small pieces
2 bunches of green onions sliced thinly
8 slices of bacon browned and chopped (I have been putting in the already cooked ones and it has been pretty good)
Bow tie or Penne pasta
3-4 large tomatoes cut up and diced (You HAVE to scald them to get the skins off)
about 1/2 of jar of Classico Alfredo sauce (this is where i go very minimal)
pepper

So brown your chicken, add artichokes, green onions, bacon (if using the already cooked variety, if not cook your bacon separately and add it now) and scalded tomatoes. (if you don't know how to scald tomatoes, boil a pot of water, when it comes to a steady boil, drop the whole tomato in for thirty seconds. Spoon it out and peel the skins off. They should come off VERY easily.) Let all ingredients cook and combine for about five minutes and then add alfredo sauce and pepper. Yummy, yummy!
The picture of the neighbor is coming as soon as he displays himself on his balcony again.

No comments: